Empresas Lipigas S.A. announced its consolidated financial results for the period ended November 30, 2020.
Highlights last nine months:
- Income after taxes decreases by 11.8% due to lower sales volume and greater operating expenses.
- EBITDA reached CLP 73,004 million, 7.8% lower than the previous year (CLP 79,180 million).
- Consolidated LPG sales volume decreases by 3.1% impacted by lower sales because of the effects of the crisis originated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Consolidated sales volume in equivalent LPG tons (including sales of network natural gas, compressed natural gas and liquefied natural gas) decreases by 3.6%.
Highlights 3Q 2020:
- Income after taxes increases by 6.8% due to lower negative non-operating income that offset the 11.1% decrease in operating income.
- EBITDA reached CLP 30,823 million, 6.8% lower than the same period of the previous year (CLP 33,057 million).
- Consolidated LPG sales volume decreases by 0.7% because of the effects of the crisis originated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Consolidated sales volume in equivalent LPG tons (including sales of network natural gas, compressed natural gas and liquefied natural gas) decreases by 0.3%.
Regarding these, the general manager of Empresas Lipigas S.A, Ángel Mafucci explained: “Results as of September 30 are still impacted by the effects of the pandemic on our operations in Chile and Peru. While restrictions have been eased, many activities are still restricted and affect the sales volume to certain customer segments. During the quarter we have kept the operation running, prioritizing the health and safety of our workers, our customers and our extensive network of collaborators and contractors”.
He added that “We have also had other achievements that make us very proud. We obtained the first place in the Productivity Excellence category of the KAIZEN award™ Chile 2019, for implementing this methodology in our bottling plant in Maipú. It demonstrates the innovation capabilities and proactivity of our teams of collaborators to increase the efficiency levels of our operation.
On the other hand, we have recently settled on the first LNG supply contract for transport trucks for the customer Cervecería ABInBev, including the construction of the LNG dispatch station for trucks operated by Transportes San Gabriel. This demonstrates the leadership that Lipigas has in that segment as it is the first private network of LNG-powered trucks. It is proof of the possibilities of using LNG to reduce CO2 emissions, in this case, in ground transportation”.
Review full Press Release HERE