Lipigas increased EBITDA by +10.7%
Empresas Lipigas S.A. announced its consolidated financial results for the for the period ended June 30, 2021.
Highlights 1H 2021:
• In general, results are impacted by the sharp increase in the international price of oil by products.
• EBITDA reached CLP 47,045 million, 10.7% higher than the previous year (CLP 42,497
• Consolidated LPG sales volume increased by 8.6%. Despite the continuing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, we were able to reach a higher sales volume than the previous year.
• Consolidated sales volume in equivalent LPG tons (including sales of network natural gas, compressed natural gas and liquefied natural gas) increased by 9.9% due to a 19.6% increase in sales of natural gas in its different formats.
• Income after taxes increased by 54.1% due to higher EBITDA generated in Chile and in Peru and due to lower negative non-operating income, impacted by one-off effects in the first halfof the year.
Highlights 2Q 2021:
• Suring the second quarter of 2021, the results have been affected by the sharp increase in the international price of oil by-products. While there are positive effects from increased inventory prices, rising prices put pressure on trade margins.
Review full Press Release HERE